[Wine] Possible new bug KDE LOCK Freeze hang

lshantz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 26 19:04:47 CDT 2011

I am running Opensuse 11.3. I just upgraded to 11.4. I have been running wine to use Microsoft Money 95 for awhile now. Well over a year. it as flawless. I am now getting total lock up in KDE. I know... this isn't a wine problem. In Gnome I am still unable to use it. It installs fine. But when I attempt to run it, it crashes with an "Encountered a serious problem and needs to close". It then directs me to winehq. I've spent an hour and coming up goose eggs.

It appears that KDE has introduced something that is causing the locks, but something also seems to have changed breaking my application. I have some error messages that I hope will show someone what is wrong. On Install from the bash prompt, even though it goes fine in the gui...

 wine setup.exe
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7ebd3700 "syslevel.c: Win16Mutex" wait timed out in thread 0022, blocked by 0023, retrying (60 sec)
wine client error:23: write: Bad file descriptor

Then when I attempt to fire up money 95, I get the gui serious error message. From bash I get:

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
wine: Unhandled exception 0xc0000093 at address 0x7e4ebc77 (thread 0023), starting debugger...
fixme:dbghelp:addr_to_linear Failed to linearize address 10bf:ffd0 (mode 0)

It tells me that it is already running, but I guess I don't know what process to look for. ps grep| money and wine show nothing. ??

Sure would love to get this back and running. Seems like such overkill to run a vm just for this.