[Wine] LiveZilla

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:54:15 CDT 2011

On 5/28/11, SpawnHappyJake <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Shoot. I was hopeful for that one. Did you do his instructions exactly? He
> said to use at least version 1.1.39. Do you think there has been a
> regression since then? The latest stable is supposed to be guaranteed to
> have no regressions (that's my understanding), but since Livezilla isn't in
> the App DB, I don't think the latest stable can guarantee to not regress
> Livezilla. Maybe you should dig up WINE 1.1.39.

Git has versions into the 0.9 region.  However, it is an 'exercise for
the student' to do regression testing.  Neither Dan nor I have time to
do this for each application that has failed due to a regression.
Thus we ask the reporter to please do so, or find someone who can
properly run a regression.  There are hundreds of changes just between
versions and thousands of changes between releases.  I would estimate
the number of changes between 1.1.39 and the current release as 1.3.21
at about 5,000.  Fortunately, regression testing using git does not
mean that you have to remove every change to figure out which one
caused the problem.  See the Wiki Regression testing page on how to do
this.  And the first and most important step is confirming that
LiveZilla works with Wine 1.1.39.

James McKenzie