[Wine] Re: LiveZilla

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 29 18:25:29 CDT 2011

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> Honestly, I have no idea how to install "wininet urlmon". I'm just trying to bring what I'm hoping is a solution that I found in one forum, into this forum. I'm just a middleman bringing solutions to people, hopefully.

Jake:

A script, written by Dan Kegel and maintained by Dan and others, is called winetricks.  There is a Wiki page just for it, detailing how to obtain and use it.

For example:  To install wininet and set its dlls to native you would use
winetricks wininet.

The script has grown a bit since first conceived and it actually helps install programs as well now.

Maybe, a little familiarity with the tools used to help with Wine would be in order now.

Also, Google is NOT your friend when dealing with Wine problems.  There are solutions out there that are not needed anymore and some that are plain dangerous (they can cause massive amounts of hair removal through pulling...)

I always recommend using the Applications Database FIRST.  If there is no entry, then add one with the current state of affairs for the program.  As you find solutions, add them.  As you find functionality changes with different versions of Wine, update the entry.  Take a program that is not in the database, add it and become a maintainer.  This helps Wine greatly and the best thing that a non-programmer could do for Wine.

And for all of your suggestions here on the Forums, thank you.

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming on Wine.