[Wine] Auto-boot single Windows App

Flash wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 30 06:07:57 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

Basically I want to set up a PC to boot-up to a single program:

Specifically SeaClear II chartplotter.
It will also need to run MapCall II (a chart organiser for SeaClear).
It also needs to support a touchscreen display.

The aim is to get an on-board (fairly low-spec) computer to act as a chartplotter.

So its basically going to be a single-function dedicted PC. I need to get it to boot up into SeaClear on switch-on, should get there very quickly and run it adequately (I don't think performance when running is much of an issue).

Is Linux/Wine going to be the right choice here? Am I going to have any issues with trying to get the touchscreen to work?

Windows is just annoying, comes with too much bloat and not sure I can by-pass the log-in screen so that it auto-boots into a specific app. It does the job - just.

It also would be nice to support:
- Basic web browsing (via WiFi)
- Playing DVDs.

Anything else: I've got a lap-top.