[Wine] Re: Cmd error

ksmedina18 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 30 20:27:40 CDT 2011

Nope. We need more information to help you.

What command(s) are you trying to run in cmd?

Does cmd give you a prompt?

I'm trying to run a program using the cmd.

2. After extracting there will be 2 folders created:

C:\PHONE21
C:\\MASTER\

3. Go to C:\PHONE21
4. Call “PHONE21.EXE”

this is where i extract the .zip and put it in /root/home/phone21

it is a .exe file so im having trouble running it on linux.
 my aim is to run it smoothly in linux.
here is the pix that i will type on the cmd (https://picasaweb.google.com/104972964932264920885/Wine?authkey=Gv1sRgCMvir7uOtqu7FQ#5612684664601554178)

and if it will successfully run it will be like this (https://picasaweb.google.com/104972964932264920885/Wine?authkey=Gv1sRgCMvir7uOtqu7FQ#5612683779525703058)

So, the advice:
1) don't ever run wine as root
2) try running from the commandline for now rather from the gui
and let us know if that works better

What version Linux? What version Wine?

i dont know how to run the cmd in a command line.. i'm still new to linux can you help me or give me some tips about that?

the version of wine i use is the 1.3.20 and i'm using an SLED 11 SP1..[/u]