[Wine] 3.1.21 tested with SimCity 4 Rush Hour (Deluxe)

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 31 14:24:04 CDT 2011

Got 3.1.21 from the distro today and ran my usual tests on this program.

This program is now more stable than it has been since version 2.1.  Whatever has been done recently, I am now also able to run in hardware mode for an extended time without having my graphics scrambled, which is a considerable achievement.  I have one very large city tile, and it ran perfectly.  Congratulations.

I did notice some graphics redraws, which are indicated by a blank out followed by a new image.  This is a fine solution to what previously could have put this very buggy program (SimCity 4) into a loop or cause it to set up a zero pointer.  Zero pointer crashes are one of the main problems that EA has never even tried to fix, but now it has become livable.  Fine work by all concerned.  A job well done.