[Wine] Big Problem! Every thing has been deleted from home Folder

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:00:45 CDT 2011

On 5/31/11 7:25 PM, rucker222 wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>>> Let this be a lesson to anyone out there as dumb as me, if your not sure check&  double check!!! still cant believe it, I knew it didn’t seem correct but did it anyway...
>>>
>> rm -rf is a very powerful and dangerous command. I usually am very
>> careful when I use that, since I have accidentally mistyped that
>> probably two or three times in the 21 years I have used *nix operating
>> systems.
>>
>> John
>
> Yeah I guess a lot of people learn the hard way!
> I would not be too bothered if it were not for the fact the girlfriend gets sick of me being to the computer enough as it is. She is going to love how long its going to take me to get things up and running again!  :?
Maybe this is a clue to spend more time with her and less with the
computer. Besides, most Linux installers can do what you need to do,
without a lot of handholding.

> I wonder if maybe a comment should be added to the Wiki page so other people who may be as dumb as me know there is no space in that command and to be careful.  If for no other reason than to save them from the hell I know the girlfriend is going to put me through over this.
You can always add this yourself. After all, it is a Wiki. Your change
may require moderation to get in, but being a new person, your viewpoint
is always desired.

> Good thing she does not visit this forum  :P

You never know, she might. Never assume anything.