[Wine] Problem with directsound / Gothic

Tue Nov 1 06:45:08 CDT 2011

Thank you all for your help so far. I downloaded the deb packages for wine-
unstable 1.3.31, created a new wine prefix, installed native dsound and dmusic
dlls using winetricks (I also tried without them but the game crashes with
access violation after the first two videos) and installed the game afterwards.
It doesn't work perfectly (you still see the windows window decorations ingame
and you have to kill the wine process after you quit the game) but it is at
least playable with sound which is what I wanted.

Kind Regards
Helmut