[Wine] Re: dumb question.....

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 3 17:12:12 CDT 2011

markie83 wrote:

> what is the deal with wine taking over default file formats for all my stuff??? so everytime I click a txt file it tries to open notepad via wine??

The goal of Wine is to have apps behave just like they do in Windows--even the annoying parts, like changing file associations without asking the user. Luckily, in Wine you can stop that particular annoyance by disabling winemenubuilder. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-c847a3ded88bac0e61aae0037fa7dbd4c7ae042a