[Wine] Re: How to get my applications visible under Programs?

paulckruger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 6 10:21:10 CST 2011

fredand44 wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I use Mandriva 2010 with wine 1.2.
>
> I got some apps installed under wine and from my start menu I find:
> Wine - > Programs -> "SOME_OF_MY_APPS"
> ...but not all.
>
> For eg to day I installed Internet Explorer 7 and I can not access from the start menu.
>
> It seems to get installed side by side with other apps under "Program Files"
>
> Is there a way to fix this?
>
> Best regards
> Fredrik

I installed ( I think? ) Internet Explorer 7 via WINE from the MS web site. All seemed to go normally and appeared to successfully install.

Problem is I don't know WHERE it installed the program or how to launch it?

I really need a desktop and/or menu icon to Launce this.

As much as I hate IE it is a necessity to access a specific site or I would not bother.

( Newbie here. Mandriva 2011 )