[Wine] Amnesia - The Decent running very choppy

Creddeus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 7 20:56:59 CST 2011

Hey. I'm new to Linux based operating systems. A friend of mine introduced me a year ago and I finally decided to try it so try to bear with me here.

The problem I've been having is that I've managed to get Amnesia to work under the latest Wine version (1.3.31) but the game is really choppy. I've tried messing with the Wine configuration and the in-game configuration but it hasn't helped anything. I have noticed that it's not choppy when I open the menu so that makes me think that it might have something to do with three dimensional stuff in-game.

It might also be valuable to let you know that I've gotten a game called The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind to work properly under the same version of wine when I had choppy gameplay. I just had to disable pixel shading.

I'm running:
Ubuntu (32-bit by the way)
  Release 11.04 (natty)
  Kernel Linux 2.6.38-8-generic
  GNOME 2.32.1

Hardware
  Memory: 1.7 GiB
  Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 145 Processor

I'm also using an NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series graphics card.

Thanks a bunch, guys. Totally appreciate the help.