[Wine] new user help. cannot update to newest version

hamptonyj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 7 21:40:37 CST 2011

Hello all. First, allow me to say I am a first time user to this software and so far, its been awesome. But allow me to describe my predicament. i first downloaded the 1.1.44 version from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/. that might have been my first mistake from what I have been reading. it downloaded fine but will not allow me to update under the preferences tab. is there another way that i can update or download the newest data? i will be using this mainly for games. silent hunter. if anyone can help me out that would be great.