[Wine] Re: Running Matlab-compiled binaries with Wine?

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 10 06:22:02 CST 2011

>> We don't have Matlab for Linux here, so Wine seems to be our only option for this program.

I believe everyone on Linux uses Gnu Octave instead.  It's fairly compatible with Matlabe (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/FAQ.html#MATLAB-compatibility) and available for all operating systems.

But, Octave nor Matlab for Linux wouldn't help you anyway if the program has already been 'compiled'.  You'll need to file a bug-report with all the associated dumps - but I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix unless it's something really simple, as no developer is likely to have the app that is giving you problems and are therefore unable to recreate your issue.