[Wine] Re: Running Matlab-compiled binaries with Wine?

Alexander Klein wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 10 08:51:39 CST 2011

3vi1 wrote:
> >> We don't have Matlab for Linux here, so Wine seems to be our only option for this program.
>
> I believe everyone on Linux uses Gnu Octave instead.

I know. I've been using Octave for years, but this case is special in so far as I'd have to plough through almost half a meg of source and refactor the incompatible parts, which is simply out of the question even when neglecting the GUI problems that would arise.

3vi1 wrote:

> You'll need to file a bug-report with all the associated dumps - but I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix unless it's something really simple, as no developer is likely to have the app that is giving you problems and are therefore unable to recreate your issue.

That wouldn't be so much of a problem, since the software is freely available, but I think I'd like to try something else first …

Thank anyway,

Alex