[Wine] Compiling wine in Ubuntu Oneiric

ZombieRedShirt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 11 07:40:48 CST 2011

Hello,

I'm having trouble compiling wine 1.3.31 under the latest Ubuntu, 64 bit multiarch, etc. What basically happens is that the compile and make steps go just fine, but any sound that the newly built wine makes, doesn't use PulseAudio, it takes over the sound device.
The only thing I've got to go on is a warning when doing ./configure that tells me that I'm missing the 32 bit gstreamer-0.10 dev files. However, attempting to install what I believe to be the appropriate package leads to synaptic warning me that it will require removing a whole lot of core system packages as well, so I've opted not to so far. The warnings I get when doing configure follow.

Code:
configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: libhal/libdbus 32-bit development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.

P.s, I bother compiling from source because of various patches that aren't in wine yet, ie, raw input patch for Deus Ex HR, a fix for Starcraft 2, etc. No idea what's going on, help would be great. If you need more info, please ask.