[Wine] Re: Compiling wine in Ubuntu Oneiric

ZombieRedShirt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 11 18:46:17 CST 2011

Christoph Korn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did you try the PPA packages first?
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa
>
> Do they have the same issue?
> I know that there has been some reimplementation regarding sound output in
> wine. This is also the reason why a seperate PulseAudio driver for wine is not
> required any longer.
> If the ppa package does not have the issue you can take it as a starting point
> and build your own packages with the patches applied from there.

Hi, I've tried the ppa package, and no, it doesn't have any trouble using pulseaudio. That's 1.3.32 at the moment. Also, I seem to have this issue dating from the release of wine 1.3.30, when I think the new mmdevapi was implemented.

Also, I am sure that I was able to compile more recent wines (1.3.30 and up) until recently without this problem, so it's possible some ubuntu update caused this, I've just got no idea at the moment.