[Wine] Re: Lost Saga / Rusty Hearts compatibility

nicoco59 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 12 11:54:57 CST 2011

tparker wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 05:14 AM, nicoco59 wrote:
>
> > I'm a big fan of Lost Saga but despite we can finally use the launcher and update the game, it'll still not start because of X-trap (like Rusty Hearts).
> >
> > I read that Wine's developers doesn't want to solve the problem because of privacies problems, but personally I don't care that much [Wink]
> >
> > If they want to take informations about my computer (and do we know which informations they take actually?), so be it, I just want to play :), also isn't it Wine a little bit like a virtual machine anyway? So who cares about privacy...
> >

> Have you considered playing it in a virtual machine instead of through Wine?

I think I tried a long time ago, 3D doesn't work that well on Virtualbox even if you enable the 3d feature (I remember I tried to play Sam and Max which doesn't ask for that much to a graphic card, but it still didn't work)

And I think I read X-trap can detect if you use a virtual machine or not and in that case will just prevent you to go any further.

Anyway I prefer trying by myself again, can give you the result later despite I'm not really hoping anything from this...did you guys managed to make a 3d game work on Virtualbox?