[Wine] Re: No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

slopoke wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 13 09:01:37 CST 2011

My experience. Don't run any kind of VOIP app in Wine at the same time you run WOW. Use a Linux version. Use a USB headset. This is not system default, so Linux will see it as a secondary sound device and won't touch your default (WOW) sound. Of course, this depends on you knowing how to make audio settings for all the affected apps so they stay separate. By doing this I can start either or both at any time and in any order.

Works for me.