[Wine] Re: Exception 0xc06d007f in Civ IV Warlords

jneem wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 13 19:41:57 CST 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM, jneem <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > I've been successfully playing Civ IV in wine for some time, but recently I've been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to the Warlords expansion. I tried
> > various suggestions that I found through google, including those on wine's appdb. Basically, I've tried every combination of:
> >

> >         setting Direct3d 9 to be native
> >

> This should not be needed anymore and may actually break things.

I tried both with and without native Direct3d. It crashes both ways (with exception 0xc06d007f) but it lasts a little longer with native.

I did try following only the suggestions on the appdb (before I started trying random combinations of things). Specifically, I tried following the dll overrides on this (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13402) page, and then I also tried (with a clean .wine directory) following the instructions here (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10158) (which are pretty much the same). You'll notice that someone on this (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16878) page gets the same exception as me, but there is no resolution.