[Wine] No sound in wine, no matter if pulseuaio is used or not

DerPionier wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 14 10:04:49 CST 2011

Hi there,

since my upgrade to Kubuntu 11.10, the sound is not working anymore in wine.

By starting "wincfg" audio settings I get:

Code:

fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 10000 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels

Other than that, no message is reported. Clicking on "Test sound" does not lead to any response.

Disbaling pulseaudio does not change anything, I get the same messages and no sound.

Selected driver is: winealsa.drv

Trying to change the registry key so that oss is used does not work. I get "no driver" when I set [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers] Audio="oss".

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!