[Wine] BIG5 problem in Foxpro table

sleung103 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 16 04:28:27 CST 2011

Hi,

   I am new for wine, I just install wine and copy the VFP6 from windows to wine. The VFP6 can run in wine. However, there are some problems about showing BIG5 chinese character.

   When I open the VFP6, I can input chinese in command window, however, the BIG5 character in the table become unreadable character, the chinese character can show using the command '? fieldname' to console. Also, it can display if assigned to label caption. BUT it cannot shows in the control which directly linked the controlsource to the field. Also when using BROW to open the table, the BIG5 characters in the field display in unreadable character...When copy the character in the field and paste to other area like notepad, terminal, text box in web browser. it will show the original chinese character.

   Any setting in wine to correct it? Or it is the problems of VFP6 ?

Thanks
Simon