[Wine] Re: No sound (Audio test failed)

madpredator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 16 08:38:46 CST 2011

I have also really strange situation. I've been looking for answers days now.
First I have Ubuntu Studio 10.10. I had perfectly working and running wine. Then I had to do some really "necessary" updates and my wine lost sound. Cannot perform audio test no more. At this point I had wine 1.3. But all programs and games are running smooth (without sound). Then I tried different commands in terminal without any luck. Finally I decided to try older wine 1.2. This time audio test was working smooth but now I cannot open anything anymore, it says I have no permission to open exe file. How is this possible? With wine 1.3 I have no sound, with 1.2 I have sound but no permission? Please help me!