[Wine] No sound (Audio test failed)

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:43:19 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM, madpredator <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I got everything to work until first boot. Now I lost audio at all. Wine is working again without any sound. Anybody knows how to remove all the audio drivers (cause I don't know anymore what I have done) and set up my ubuntu studio 10.10 to play sound in wine and in overall? Right now it seems to play only in wine or only everywhere else, but not at the same time. thanks!!!

Did you make sure your wine-pulse plugin was 1.0.24+?

If it is, you can try:

forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=13182&start=64

Don't do all of that. I had special circumstances with Pulse. Some
people reported that sound worked up to the line:

then in terminal:
Code:
WINEPREFIX="your prefix path here" regedit alsareg.reg

Open winecfg go to audio tab and make sure Alsa is checked and
Emulation is selected.  (EDIT This is outdated, winecfg doesn't have
these options anymore)

Stop there. Don't compile Pulse!

I had special things going on with my machine and needed to compile
new pulse.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell