[Wine] Remove IE8 from wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:57:53 CST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM, nameuser <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I do not know how I use wine as root and how do not use it as root.
> Here everything happens automatically! And I have wery short experience (and obviously knowledge) with linux.
>
> @jjmckenzie, I noted some incorrect decodings regarding my code page in IE7 and higher so I need IE6. Actually,
> I don't need a internet browser as internet browser (there are many choices) but system components of IE6
> because program which I need uses this. Also I need javascript support with this.
> So I would like IE6.
>
> Linux 11.10 Oneiric 64bit, wine 1.3.32.

When you installed Ubuntu, did you create any users?  If you did not,
please do so and run Wine with them.  If you do not know how to create
users, please ask on the Ubuntu forums.

After doing so, try using winetricks to install IE6 after downloading
the most current version which is 20111115 per dimesio and the
product's author.

James