[Wine] Re: Socket Error # 11001

Branta wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 19 12:33:08 CST 2011

You can download a "Trial" version of RootsMagic4 (RM) from here:

http://www.rootsmagic.com/

The trial version is not crippled though the print function does not work.  I think the link thing might work.  The site to which it is linked is:

https://new.familysearch.org

That site requires membership so RM will ask for a UI and PW.

RM gives me the socket error message AFTER I am signed in.  It even displays information from the new.familysearch, but I get the error after it does.  We are very close.

After the error it is difficult to terminate RM.

RM support number is 1-801-489-3102 (-8 GMT).  The author of it is Bruce Buzbee.  His email is bruce at rootsmagic.com.  They do NOT support Linux.

---
Bob

.