[Wine] Direct rendering is disabled

medsouz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 25 15:53:28 CST 2011

Hello, I recently moved from Ubuntu to Debian and I am trying to install Morrowind through Wine. It installed fine other than it shows random characters as the font (if anyone has a fix for this too it would be appreciated). When I try to run the game however it gives me this error.

> err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Mesa DRI Mobile Intel\xc2\xae GM45 Express Chipset GEM 20091221 2009Q4 ", version "1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.7.1)").

Anyone know how to fix this? :D