[Wine] Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum

DarthCthulhu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 25 19:34:14 CST 2011

I'm having a bit of trouble running RTC3 Platinum.

It installed just fine, but after starting, I receive a message:

"Your graphics hardware or drivers do not meet the minimum requirements to run this application.

This error has also been sent to Debug.log

OK: <Attempt to continue> Cancel: <Exit>"

After clicking "OK", WINE crashes. I know that my graphics hardware is easily up to the task.

The AppDB says that it should work just fine.

My System:
ATI 4860HD with 1 GB RAM
Ubuntu 11.10
WINE vers. 1.3.28

I'm using the Open Source drivers and have verified they are working correctly (Evil Genius runs great except for a couple small known graphical glitches). As far as I'm aware, only folks who used the proprietary ATI drivers have tried the game, so that may be the reason for the failure. On the off chance that it isn't, I thought I'd ask around.

Thanks for your time.