[Wine] Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 22:03:59 CST 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM, DarthCthulhu <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> dimesio wrote:
>>
>> Install the proprietary driver.
>

> Maybe I wasn't clear: I don't want to use the proprietary driver, so I want to know if the game works at all with the Open
> Source driver. If there isn't, well that sucks and I'll suck it up, but I'm not going to install the proprietary driver.

The simple answer here is NO. The Noveau drivers for nVidia and
AMD/ATI do not support higher level 3D functions needed to support
Wine.

The complex answer is that these drivers may be able to in the future,
but at the present time they do not have complete code for 3D actions
to support Wine and any program that needs 3D functions.

And because a Video card can support a program under
WindowsXP/Vista/Seven does not mean that corresponding video
functionality exists in Linux, either Open Source or Proprietary.

James