[Wine] Which Distro to Use?

Fred_E_Krugar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 28 12:23:30 CST 2011

I dont mean to beat a dead horse here but I just dont know what to do.

As every one here knows that pulseaudio does not work correctly with wine........ok that is cool but when the wine developers say just dont use pulseaudio that would be an glorious thing. But as most of us casual linux users have to work around for hours just to fail then revert back to windows ( I am not doing that but I am just saying). Wine to me is a way to help linux users to get the MS monkey off their back. But with short answers that developers are giving is not helping the community. I mean after all if it was not for the people like me trying new alternatives, the wine development team really does not need to even be working on this stuff anymore. They just need to find a job working for Microsoft or what not. ( Rant over)

So could the developers please tell me what distro they are using so that I will not have all the bugs that everyone else is having. I have looked at over 100 distros and pretty much every one uses pulseaudio now. Even Xubuntu uses it now. SO if someone could tell me what distro the developers use that does not use pulseaudio natively, i would be more than happy to use it. I just want the old gnome setup like 7.04 alsa only was.

So can anyone help? Or point me to a surefire way to set up a new distro back to the good old days without pulseaudio?