[Wine] Which Distro to Use?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Nov 28 13:40:53 CST 2011

On 11/28/2011 01:23 PM, Fred_E_Krugar wrote:
> I have looked at over 100 distros and pretty much every one uses pulseaudio now. Even Xubuntu uses it now. SO if someone could tell me what distro the developers use that does not use pulseaudio natively, i would be more than happy to use it. I just want the old gnome setup like 7.04 alsa only was.

I am not in any way a dev, hopefully someone else shares an opinion for
you. I see a couple alternatives. You can go with a source based,
build-it-into-what-you-want distro such as gentoo or arch and only put
on your machine what you want it to have (such as an older version of
gnome, or a gnome base made without pulse). Or you can pick a window
manager other than gnome. I may be wrong, but I think any current gnome
based distro will have pulse tightly built into it. I have not heard of
a recent one that does not, but I also have not gone looking for one.