[Wine] Re: World of Warcraft Launcher.exe keeps crashing

mikkelkromann wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 30 12:53:18 CST 2011

Running Wow.exe instead of Launcher.exe has been a sufficient workaround until today, where a new WoW patch was released. Running Launcher.exe is now required to download and install the patch.

Therefore, running WoW under Wine does not work anymore. I'm now updating WoW on my Windows machine (luckily I have installed my WoW  on a USB stick, so this workaround is feasible for me, but probably not to most people).

Earlier in this thread I have provided some debugginig output - I need advice on  what is needed to advance in tracking down this bug. Any help is appreciated.