[Wine] matlab

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Oct 3 13:02:43 CDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 7:26 AM, John Drescher wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM, 40ANTONIO <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
>> 40ANTONIO wrote:
>>> a greeting, and I would like to install ubuntu 11.04 7.10 matlab R2010a DVD and I have the exe file from its wine licenza.con accept all the password then at a certain point I said: There was an unexpected exception: Command line returned error code '9009 OS 'for command [cmd.exe / C dir / c-C:] See the log file (C: Temp mathworks_antonio.log antonio users) for more details.come can I fix? thanks
>>

>> no solution?
>>

> Can't you run the linux version of matlab?
Probably not, because when you buy a Matlab license, you buy it for a particular platform. (At least, that was my experience when I bought a Matlab license for my Mac.) If you want it on more than one platform, you have to buy more than one license, one per platform. For example, if you had a Mac with Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux on it, you'd have to buy three licenses--one for Mac OS, one for Windows, and one for Linux--to be able to run Matlab on all three. That really sucks. Is it any wonder GNU Octave is one of the "high priority" GNU projects?

40ANTONIO: Speaking of which, you might consider using Octave, if it suits your needs.

Chip