[Wine] Wine on Tiger

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:46:01 CDT 2011

On Oct 4, 2011, at 11:29 AM, James McKenzie wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM, mrivera <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> Last login: Tue Oct  4 09:29:00 on console
>> Welcome to Darwin!
>> michael-riveras-computer:~ michaelrivera$ cd /usr/local/bin
>> michael-riveras-computer:/usr/local/bin michaelrivera$ ls
>> bison   yacc
>> michael-riveras-computer:/usr/local/bin michaelrivera$ bison --version
>> GNU Bison version 1.28
>> michael-riveras-computer:/usr/local/bin michaelrivera$ printenv PATH
>> /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>> michael-riveras-computer:/usr/local/bin michaelrivera$ PATH=/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin
>> michael-riveras-computer:/usr/local/bin michaelrivera$
>>
>> Guess it's still on the old Bison. How do we fix that?
>
> Have you installed MacPorts?
>
> You may have to use the MacPort update command to update in that case.
That would be:

sudo port sync             # Synchronizes ports tree with MacPorts upstream
sudo port upgrade outdated # Upgrades all outdated ports

(All the stuff from the hash marks on is ignored by the shell. You don't even have to type it: it doesn't affect the command.)

Had I known you had MacPorts earlier, I'd have advised you to install bison from MacPorts. (bison in MacPorts is up to 2.5.) Heck, I would have advised you to install Wine from MacPorts! (You want the wine-devel port, not wine. wine-devel is 1.3.29.)

Chip