[Wine] Re: Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 5 05:04:31 CDT 2011

I'm having trouble finding information or anything about wine-doors. Please could you post some links to info/downloads, etc.

Changing the priority in Task Manager is going to be a problem. If I switch from WoW back to the desktop, the mouse stops working in WoW. Is there any way to do this in Wine so that WoW always runs as top priority. Similarly can I change the priority that Wine runs at within Linux? To be honest with my new processor and extra RAM, processing speed really shouldn't be a problem.

I am moderately familiar with Linux. I work in embedded software and we use a Linux kernel on our various platforms, and I have had to rebuild the kernel once or twice. I also once went on a course that covered building a Linux operating system from scratch, although I've forgotten a lot of it. So if you think I can get some good performance enhancements by building a custom kernel, I'm happy to try. I can always back up the old kernel and boot off a CD to restore it if things go wrong. My main limitation is time.