[Wine] Re: [Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst] gurus & advice needed

dk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 5 15:24:25 CDT 2011

Cloudef wrote:
> I tested it again under clean prefix, I can type fine. This is in latest git btw
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b877I_geAI

No way. Well that's interesting.. :) I saw some Japanese text near the bottom so that's probably a 1.25.10 or higher exe right? Are you using Schthack's or Sodaboy's? (or if another which one/version?)

I've got to see a log of what happening when you're creating a character to make any sense out of this.

If you're launching the game via the terminal can you please redirect the output to a file so I can compare that with mine? Something like this will do:

Code:
cd ~/.wine-pso/drive_c/Program\ Files/SEGA/PHANTASY\ STAR\ ONLINE\ Blue\ Burst \
&& \
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-pso \
wine \
C:\\Program\ Files\\SEGA\\PHANTASY\ STAR\ ONLINE\ Blue\ Burst\\online.exe \
&> ~/pso-typing-log.txt

I vaguely remember a typing issue (in-game) with Vista users with Sodaboy's patched client. I'll have to find that link to see if the issue is related and if it was fixed by SEGA or something that they were able to patch. It would be nice to find a changelog for each version released during the final 1 1/2 years that the Japanese servers were up but I don't know if that's possible..

dardack - two server projects were open sourced so you can actually run the servers yourself if you want to help troubleshoot. At this point however the servers only work on Windows although there is a cross platform port in the works. If you don't have a spare Windows box/virtual machine then the easiest way to get up and running is to connect to one of the private server communities. Schthack's is the most well known and their forums are typically frequented by members of other private communities as well. See his site for the client download and free registration:

http://www.schtserv.com/