[Wine] Re: Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 7 02:19:46 CDT 2011

I ran WoW on Windows just a few weeks before I first posted in this thread. TBH my wife used it more than me - it was her PC. But I used to occasionally steer her around when we were questing together or something and she was AFK.

The graphics settings under Windows were much higher then than they are now and the FPS, although I didn't measure it exactly, was at least as good. When I turn the graphics settings higher under Linux now, particularly the view distance, it runs noticeably worse, and definitely worse than when running under Windows even though the graphics settings are still lower than when running under Windows.