[Wine] Re: Oneiric Ocelot Package missing from PPA

GlennLChugg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 7 21:06:03 CDT 2011

Thanks for 2 week information.

> ask your distro's package maintainer about when Wine packages will be available for oneiric.

I was ;) If he doesn't check the WINE forums, he's not the best person to be asking now is he?

I am able to compile WINE myself, but to package it up inside a deb, I am not sure how you guys do this, to do it manually would be VERY time consuming and prone to me making mistakes. is their an easy way to make the compiled output not be mixed in with the source code like it currently is for me?

I'd rather offer people my PPA than to offer someone else's, but I do need to know how to do it properly, as "make install" is obviously not the way I should be generating the files needed to create the deb. There must be some simple way to set the make install to output to another structure and not the actual OS's folders (current system).

P.S. I wouldn't have a clue where to find the distro's package manager.