[Wine] Re: WineHQ database compromise

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 12 09:30:21 CDT 2011

jwhite wrote:

> On the other hand, if you use a password that is a dictionary word,
> or only a trivial distance from a dictionary word, then I would suspect
> your password would fall to a fairly basic dictionary attack.

Regardless of this incident, anyone using such passwords needs to change them anyways, so maybe this can work as a wake up call.

Someone recently broke one of my gmail accounts somehow that was using 7 characters letters and numbers, no words... luckily I don't keep anyone in my online address book except my other accounts, so I just got spammed from my own account and Google disabled my account temporarily due to suspicious activity.  Seems like the days for 15 character complex password requirements are getting here soon.