[Wine] Re: Ys Origin killed by update

Jenia wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 15 04:52:09 CDT 2011

Cloudef wrote:
> Having crash in intro? This is game bug. I think patch from Falcom site fixed it for me, however I also did install patch from the Ys Origins Extra dvd first.
> (As I installed english patch)

As did I! I managed to get the game to run eventually, I set time date and currency format to japanese as well and then the locale caught on...
The game appears to run fine at first. Texture issues were fixed by setting the third slider from the bottom to the far left in config.exe, but a few rooms in I ran into a superannoying bug where the game arbitrarily decides that the character must walk in some random direction, usually down and left while ignoring half my own button presses. Exiting and re-entering the game temporarily fixes the issue, so so far I've been trying to play a "reach save point ASAP" game, but sometimes the difference between two savepoints is too big...

> I'll sing up as maintaner for Ys origins later and update the appdb, the quartz thing could've seen in terminal log :)

Awesome. Also, while not technically part of my problem, the game fails to load at all on wine 1.3.29 under the very exact settings under which it works in 1.2.3...
log output under 1.3.29 (http://pastebin.com/BdCCWGHB)[/quote]