[Wine] Re: problems installing wine 1.3.24/sketchup 8/on fedora 15

onewaydave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 16 11:52:29 CDT 2011

I found a similar problem posted here  http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=43177&sid=55ecdb5e567348cdd47fe046cc45a1f2

He used wine 1.1.x and I'm using 1.3.24
He uses f 12-x86_64 and I'm using f 15-x86_64

He mentions that his install has in the home directory a .wine/ and a .wine-x86_64/
I only have a .wine/

He mentions that he has only installed SketchUp for wine and so have I.

He mentioned that he edited winetricks to change $WINE to $WINE32
Winetricks is a large complex script to me and I am a little intimidated changing it without some direction/confirmation.

So I'm not sure what differences there would be.

When I
Code:
 env WINEPREFIX="/home/dgw/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 8\SketchUp.exe"

I get the same terminal error output posted above.

Any suggestions?

Dave.