[Wine] problems installing wine 1.3.24/sketchup 8/on fedora 15

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:12:49 CDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 02:06, onewaydave <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> jjmckenzie, thanks for your input.
>
>> Put these two on separate lines.
>
> I'm not sure what I'm to put on two separate lines.  Do you mean as follows?
> $env WINEPREFIX="/home/dgw/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp 8\"
> $sketchup.exe

He probably meant to change to the program directory first (line 1),
then run the program from its "home" directory, like
cd /path/to/your/wineprefix/drive_c/Program\ Files\
\(X86\)/Google/Google\ Sketchup\ 8\
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/your/wineprefix" wine sketchup.exe

As already mentioned, $HOME/.wine is the default wineprefix so doesn't
need to be specified every time.
If you specify a non-existing directory as WINEPREFIX, it will be
automatically created on first usage