[Wine] Re: winamp errors

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 19 17:09:11 CDT 2011

sevy wrote:
> Ive reverted back to wine 1.2 and winamps fine again.
> Is it possible to install wine 1.3 next to 1.2? so I could try to find a way to get it to work?

FYI, I downloaded and installed Winamp 5.6 to a clean wineprefix, and renaming the vc90 manifest file did solve the crashing problem on my system. It starts up just fine without any other tweaks. I know you mentioned following the AppDB instructions; they are old, and call for some winetricks that may no longer be necessary. Have you tried in a clean wineprefix (no winetricks or other tweaks, except for renaming the vc90 manifest)?