[Wine] Locating .tff or .fon file for fonts in C:\Windows\Font

jwong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Oct 19 20:13:30 CDT 2011

Normally each font has entry in the registry under HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Fonts whereby the registry Name is the font name and the registry Data value is the filename of the font (for example courier.ttf).

In my app I use the facename from the LOGFONT structure and the above registry entries to determine the associated ttf file.

When I add a font to the C:\Windows\font, the font correctly appears as an available font in the font dialog, but the entry is not listed in HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Fonts. My question is how do I determine the font file (*.ttf or *.fon) for the fonts in C:\Windows\Font?