[Wine] cpy steam games to new wine.

lievendp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 20 08:34:13 CDT 2011

Hello,

I installed wine 1.3.30 and winetricks on my gentoo.
The latest drivers for nvidia are installed.

It seems that I broke my wine installation by wrongly trying to install directx which was needed for Rage to work.

Now I already downloaded rage which is about 20GB in size and would like to avoid downloading it again.

It seems that all steam files are in ~/.local and not in ~/.wine so can I just remove ~/.wine and do a wine-reboot and keep my installed steam? Are there any other steps to reuse the already-downloaded files?

thanks in advance.