[Wine] Re: more bugs than features added?

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 22 06:39:44 CDT 2011

ahso wrote:
> HI
> Several apps worked f.ex FSX in 1.3.7 but now no more. it was better in 1.3.30 even 1.3.31 seems to add several new bugs...
> sigh...

I know that you are a long time Wine user but I'm going to say the following:
As features are added, code that is needed for other features/functions is uncovered.  However, if you had a game/program working in a certain version and an 'upgrade' broke it, the project needs to know so that the project's developers can fix it.  Running regression tests (http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting) is a requirement.  Please do so for this program and then file a bug report, if one does not already exist.  Otherwise problems/bugs will not and cannot be 'fixed'.
Thank you.
James