[Wine] Wine will not open programs after updating to Ubuntu 11.10

Huntereb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 22 12:26:47 CDT 2011

WIne will not run programs for me after updating to Ubuntu 11.10. It just doesnt do anything when I click an .exe. I tried starting a program through a Terminal, it says this:

Code:
huntereb at Huntereb:~/Downloads$ wine DeSmuME.exe
X Error of failed request:  XF86VidModeExtensionDisabled
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines)
  Serial number of failed request:  110
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
X Error of failed request:  XF86VidModeExtensionDisabled
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines)
  Serial number of failed request:  110

What is happening? I've installed all of the versions on the Ubuntu Software Center, the same thing. The lines above were taken from Wine 1.3.30. I've installed it through Terminal and not just the Software Center as well, still nothing.

So if you can help me, thanks! I'm new to Ubuntu so I need as much help as I can get...