[Wine] Makefile.in is not created (Cygwin)

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Oct 22 15:10:02 CDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-22 at 12:41 -0500, KenSharp wrote:

> Cygwin creates a home directory based on the user name of the Windows
> user (/home/Ken\ Sharp for example).
>
> Unfortunately the space screws up the creation of Makefile.in after
> running a configure - indeed it is not created at all, but there is no
> error from configure.  Creating a new directory with no spaces in the
> path seems to solve this (/home/ken).

That sounds like a problem in configure to me: IIRC configure is a shell
script and this is a common problem in shell scripts that are not
explicitly written to handle names with spaces in them.

Check the cygwin bugs register and/or ask them about it: nobody else is
likely to know whether they use a standard 'configure' shell script or
if its one of their own.

Martin