[Wine] Re: problems installing wine 1.3.24/sketchup 8/on fedora 15

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 22 19:07:22 CDT 2011

onewaydave wrote:

> I have #yum update trying to reinstall the video drivers, is this correct?
>
> Changed the HW_OK to 1 in regedit, even though it is said to be fixed as of 1.3.18 mine was set at 0.
>
> Confirmed that the package installed is wine (x86_64) and that no 32 bit versions are around.

I don't use Fedora, so I can't help you with package manager questions.

You need 32 bit Wine installed along with 64 bit, so if you don't have it, that's a problem. On openSUSE, which is what I use, the x86_64 wine package automatically pulls in the wine32 package as a dependency. I don't know if the Fedora packages do that.

> coded:
> env WINEARCH=32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine
>
> and
>
> env WINEARCH=32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32

Not quite right. Delete ~/.wine and run

Code:
WINEARCH=win32 winecfg

This will recreate ~/.wine as a 32 bit wineprefix. You can use the WINEPREFIX variable if you prefer to have it in a different wineprefix.