[Wine] Re: cpy steam games to new wine.

lievendp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 23 05:16:21 CDT 2011

Thanks, it's probably because I installed steam by using winetricks.

As you can see in my layout:

lieven at cthulhu ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files $ pwd
/home/lieven/.wine/drive_c/Program Files
lieven at cthulhu ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files $ ll
total 16K
drwxr-xr-x 4 lieven lieven 4.0K Oct 20 15:34 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 lieven lieven 4.0K Oct 20 15:34 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 lieven lieven 4.0K Oct 20 15:34 Common Files
drwxr-xr-x 2 lieven lieven 4.0K Oct 20 15:34 Internet Explorer

And I do have a ~/.local directory which holds the files.

lieven at cthulhu ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/steam/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam $ pwd
/home/lieven/.local/share/wineprefixes/steam/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam

All steam files are in this directory.

My main problem is that the game "Rage" crashes at boot time with the known error: "Failed to create XAudio2 engine" As I can see on the productpage for "Rage on Steam"

The solution being to install "winetricks xact_jun2010" which I did but it did not work.
Next, I tried to install the complete directx jun2010 release but that failed

Now, I want to reinstall the game in a new wineprefix but don't want to redownload the 20GB from the game.
I'll try to copy the data, reinstall steam in a regular way in new wineprefix and copy gamedata back and hope it works.

kind regards,
Lieven