[Wine] Re: Diablo 2 issue with direct3d

lanzd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 23 15:49:52 CDT 2011

Allright, I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver.  It was nivida current, I did it through the package manager (Kinda forgot about that).

I also was able to run the diablo II.exe from the terminal and this was the output.

dan at dan-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo II$ wine Diablo\ II.exe
fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
dan at dan-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo II$ fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e9c4,0x00000000), stub!
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 640x480x16 @0! (XRandR)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1440x900x32 @0! (XRandR)

and I also got the same pop up I  was gettin before which was

Error 25: A Critical error has occurred while initializing Direct3D